Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6 Week Body Makeover How Come I'm Fat?

Hi all! The 6 Week Body Makeover saga continues. I've finished blue printing my body and now I'm on the step of learning what type of body I have so that I can sculpt my problem areas. Before I dive into the body sculpting portion, I would like to talk about why we get fat.

I've been reading up on the Michael Thurman diet and the information that they provide actually makes a lot of sense. According to the information guide, our bodies are based on human evolution. Back in the "cave man" day, to survive, we would gather nuts and fruits and hunt game. However, the source of our food was always subject to change depending on migration effects and seasonal conditions. This is where evolution comes into play. Evolution helped us by allowing our bodies to store food in the form of fat cells. If we could not forage for food, then the fat stored up in our bodies would keep us going into we found our next meal. This is how we survived back when food was scarce. Zip forward to the present and scarcity of food ceases to exist. Since food is plentiful, it is easy to find food and eat. Our bodies are still programed to store fat for survival, however, we simply do not eat to survive. Our metabolic rate decreases in order to slow down calories burned in order to store fat for survival. If you live a sedentary lifestyle, your body might be confused and think that your body is not active because you're trying to save energy, hence your body's metabolism will slow down and you will gain weight.

The key is to increase your metabolism and manipulate it so that you can lose weight. The 6 Week Body Makeover Meal Plan will show you what to eat to increase your metabolism and confuse your body into burning off calories and over time burn off fat storage. I will show you example meals to follow in one of my future 6 Week Body Makeover posts.

1 comment: